IT Infrastructure Engineer
We are an independent games development studio based in Guildford, established in 2008. We currently employ just over a hundred and seventy talented people working on console and PC games. Our teams are an eclectic mix from very technical programmers to highly creative artists, designers and audio specialists. We pride ourselves on our friendly, energetic and collaborative working environment.
We are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to help build, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure and who is able to quickly make a good contribution to the studio. They should have:
- A minimum of three years infrastructure support
- A highly-organised, thorough and diligent work-ethic, with an acute attention to detail.
- Excellent communications skills with the IT Team as well as internal customers.
- The ability to work unsupervised, work to deadlines and have a flexible attitude.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Proactively ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Managing assigned projects to deliver services in accordance with established objectives
- Coordinating and/or performing additions and changes to network hardware and operating systems and attached devices; includes investigation, analysis, recommendation, configuration, installation and testing of new network hardware and software.
- Supporting our bespoke software applications including regular maintenance.
- Proactive technical support of helpdesk enquiries from staff and site personnel
- Server room management
The role reports to the studio’s Operations Director.
- Networking: Switch configuration, TCP/IP, VLAN’s, routing, IPSec VPN, Wi-Fi, etc.
- Firewall configuration
- Microsoft Windows Server (Active Directory and Group Policy)
- Linux (Redhat/Centos)
- Good technical documentation skills
- Supporting Dev Ops/CI environment/Software Developers
- Office365 monitoring and troubleshooting
- Java App Monitoring (ie. Jira and Teamcity)
- AWS or Azure Cloud Hosting
- Sophos AV
- Previous experience of working in a games studio