Senior Game Programmer
With a passion to deliver experiences such as high-end interactive drama and immersive VR, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
We’ve harnessed Unreal Engine 4 and built a suite of powerful, world-class systems on top of it. Now we need you to help us take this further.
You’ll be engineering brand new features, from basic prototypes through to robust, reusable systems that underpin all of our upcoming games. You’ll also be crafting realistic and expressive characters, innovative game mechanics and smooth, responsive control systems for our stable of AAA projects.
In other words you’ll be playing a key role in developing our future games.
We're looking for:
- Expert in C++ - you’ve worked with C++ for 5+ years, and contributed to shipped games on PC, console or mobile.
- Leadership – you are comfortable taking responsibility for understanding the technical requirements for the game and co-ordinating the programming effort in order to meet them.
- Great Communicator - you can talk about your work. You’ll be as comfortable specifying a task with designers and collaborating on a shared codebase with engineers as you are taking feedback from directors and producers.
- Practical - sometimes a rapid prototype is needed to quickly test an idea. Other times a mission-critical system needs detailed planning and consultation. You have an instinct for what level of engineering is needed, and you can work efficiently at any level.
- Passion for Games - you’ve probably been playing games forever. You understand an engaging player experience and are confident reproducing it in code.
We'd be especially impressed by:
- Wide Range of Experience. Knowledge of multiple game systems and their potential advantages and pitfalls. Experience with at least one game engine and associated tools.
- Experience shipping games on console or PC. Detailed knowledge of SDK and technical requirements of Sony PlayStation 4, Microsoft Xbox One or high-end Windows PC.
- Experience with Virtual or Augmented Reality. How to work with motion controllers and headsets as well as an awareness of how VR changes traditional game mechanics and UI principles. Ideas for maximising the benefits of VR, without being hampered by the constraints.
- Knowledge of animation systems. Using blend trees, state machines and procedural systems to create believable human performances in software.
- Understanding of network coding for multiplayer games. Managing the state of each game object and providing a smooth, glitch-free experience to all clients.
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Always striving for quality
- Creative and innovative