With a passion to deliver experiences such as high-end interactive drama and immersive VR, Supermassive Games is carving a unique and exciting path in the games industry. Want to join us on the journey?
We’ve customised Unreal Engine 4 to build a suite of powerful, world-class systems and tools that underpin our games. Now we need your help to take this to the next level.
We are aiming to achieve Hollywood production values in real time, so we’re engaging with industry-leading, next generation features for rendering, content creation and human simulation that will intensify the player experience.
You will be a key part of the team for one of our games. Your responsibilities will include:
- Driving for the highest image quality possible for each scene using a pragmatic approach
- Applying a deep understanding of rendering techniques and systems to meet the requirements of the game, extend the feature set and suggest new approaches
- Working with other disciplines to achieve the highest quality visual fidelity possible
- Being involved at any stage of asset production from specification to platform-specific rendering
What we're looking for:
- Expert in C++ - you’ve got strong experience in C++, and have contributed to shipped games on PC or console.
- Passionate About Graphics – you are excited to investigate the latest rendering techniques and achieve the highest possible graphical quality in-game, and you understand cutting-edge renderer and pipelines inside out.
- Strong 3D Maths – you have a broad knowledge of the theory and practical application of 3D maths in games.
- Practical – you’re able to provide solutions that are efficient and easy to use for content creators, and take into account the needs of the game. You are able to prototype new ideas rapidly to help determine the best way to achieve the vision.
- Great Communicator - you can talk about your work. You’ll be as comfortable specifying a task with artists and collaborating on a shared codebase with engineers as you are taking feedback from directors and producers.
We'd be especially impressed by:
- Knowledge of multiple platforms. Excellent knowledge of high-end graphics on PC and multiple consoles.
- Low-level code knowledge. Proven ability to dig down into code systems and profile, optimise or debug them.
- Unreal Engine 4. Experience of using and extending the editor and runtime of Unreal Engine.
You also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Always striving for quality
- Creative and innovative