Senior Audio Designer
We are looking for a talented and experienced Senior Audio Designer to work in house within the accomplished Audio team on our AAA horror titles.
If you understand the importance of delivering visceral audio engagement within a game experience, how subtle detail and emotionally driven sound design can enhance a player’s immersion and have a desire for excellence, then we’d very much like to hear from you.
The role requires an excellent ear for detail, intuitive mentoring ability and a strong desire to create incredible, innovative audio experiences.
The successful candidate will need experience in all phases of audio design and production, with high proficiency in core skills of sound design, sound effects, music editing, Foley.
The position is in-house at Supermassive Games in Guildford.
- Concept, create and integrate narrative-enhancing, immersive sound design
- Own, and deliver to quality, interlinking areas of the project’s audio experience
- Work closely with the Audio Director and Game Director to help define and realise the project audio direction
- Mentoring junior audio designers and sharing knowledge with the rest of the audio team
Contract: Permanent or 6 Months Fixed-term/Freelance Contract
Key Skills and Experience:
- Five years plus experience in game sound design , ideally in AAA
- Wide experience of implementing sound into games using various game development tools, pipelines and technology
- Strong communication skills
- At least one game cycle leading, supporting and mentoring multiple team members
- Broad experience with SFX and Ambient Sound Design & Dialogue.
- High proficiency with Wwise
- Advanced knowledge of DAWs, sample editors and plugins
- Solid recording skills for SFX and Foley in studio and external environments
- Good understanding of music theory and music editing experience
- Working closely with other disciplines on the team to improve workflows and achieve the vision for the game
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Unreal Engine 4
- Additional film / linear post-production skills
- Good understanding of music theory and music editing experience beneficial
- Understanding of simple coding techniques.
- Experience leading and supporting a team of audio designers to deliver high quality in an efficient manner.
The candidate should have:
- A highly positive and proactive work ethic
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A desire to learn and improve on their skillset.
- A natural ability to mentor, manage and share knowledge.
To enjoy working at Supermassive you also need to be:
- Creative and innovative.
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Always striving for quality