We’re looking for a Technical Manager to join The Dark Pictures development team. You will be responsible for the Programming and Technical Art Teams, as well as Software Testing and Localisation Management.
The ideal candidate will be a rounded manager, able to apply the correct balance to process and the development of staff to improve their wellbeing and performance.
It is a key part of the role that the Technical Manager inspires and motivates a diverse technical team to achieve the best possible results.
The role reports to the Series Producer, and is responsible for the Programming Team, Technical Art Team, Software Testing and Localisation, with support, guidance and direction from the Game Team and Series Directors.
- Completing and validating estimates for the work to be done based on the Design Specification, Tools and Production Methods
- Supporting the information flow between the internal team and appropriate Development Partners, including the briefing of those partners, and effective delivery and integration of the work done outside of the internal team
- Maintaining appropriate internal staffing levels to meet the technical needs of the series
- Planning and prioritisation of work to best meet the needs of the Game Teams
- Accurate reporting of actual and forecast costs and effort to enable the Studio to support with appropriate resources
- Managing the morale, motivation, and performance of the Technical Team including the Technical Leads and, through those Leads, the performance, development and wellbeing of around 15 staff members within that team
- With the guidance of the Series Directors, identify and manage technical risk on the projects
- Support the Game Teams, Art Production Team, Integration Team and the Presentation Team with resource requests where practical
- Manage releases of multiple versions of multiple games for external testing, compliance assessment and final game release, as well as add-ons and other live updates
We would expect you to have several years of experience in production roles within a game studio, with direct responsibility for technical functions and process.
- Fanatical about details
- Meticulously organised
- Familiarity with a variety of project management and bug tracking software (e.g. Jira, DevTrack)
- In-depth knowledge of Excel
- Passion for narrative-led games
To enjoy working in our studio and to succeed at Supermassive Games, you also need to be:
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Obsessed with quality
- Creative and innovative